News & Updates
PTU 2011 FEE WAIVER SCHEME ADMISSION COUNSELING DATES
As per AICTE guidelines, 5% of the seats in engineering colleges including private colleges of all states are reserved as tuition fee waiver seats. So the students can avail the golden opportunity to get free education.
PTU Admission Notice 2011-12 for Fee waiver Scheme
PTU-Punjab Technical University invites online applications regarding counselling for fee waiver scheme for 5% seats of total sanctioned seats for B.tech/ B.pharm./ B.arch in PTU affiliated colleges.
This scheme is for punjab residents only whose parents having annual income from all sources is less than 2.5 lacs per annum.
Registeration &Choice filling : 08.06.2011 to 14.06.2011
Declaration of result : 18.06.2011
For registeration and choice filling Candidate must follow following steps
Step a). Logon to www.ptuonline.in
Step b). Under the link “Apply for Fee Waiver Scheme” ,Select B.Tech. as a course from the drop down menu and Click on “GO” button to proceed further.
Step c). A new webpage will be displayed. Read carefully instructions on the webpage. A new student must click on New Registration to register him/her first time for Fee Waiver Scheme.
i) Student should fill his/her basic details like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, DOB, AIEEE Roll Number, aggregate marks of qualifying examination, Address, State, City, Contact No. very carefully.
ii) Student must enter details of fee deposited by him/her through http://ptu.ac.in during
regular admission registration.
(Note: Incase student have not paid counseling fee of Rs.3000/-(non refundable)
with regular admission, then you have to get yourself registered by following
regular admission procedure.)
iii) Choose your password at least 6-10 characters. Please remember your password and don’t share with others.PTU will not be responsible for any misuse of your password.
iv) Before final submission of online Registration form, Read the declaration given in the
website carefully and give your consent on it, failing which you will not be able to
complete your registration. So you must check your information details carefully before
final submission of your registration form.
v) Please Note that after successfully submitting the Registration form. Student will get a SMS that will ensure his/her registration successfully with a Registration No. Student
should provide valid mobile number.
vi) Candidates must ensure that the registration details which he/she has filled and
confirmed cannot be altered, so they should be careful while filling the information.
Step e). Student must enter registration No. and password in student login which he/she has got after registering, then click on login button to proceed further.
Note : 1. Candidates need not to deposit the fee again if deposited earlier for regular counseling .
2. No manual cash deposit slip shall be entertained.
3. Only those candidates will be able to participate, who have deposited the
counseling fees on time.
2. CHOICE FILLING
After successful login, candidate’s MyPage is opened and following options are displayed:
(a) Fill Choices: Candidate can fill the college or branches of choice in order of preferences. It is in the interest of the candidate to fill maximum available choices of colleges and branches. Candidate can also alter the filled information.
(b) Allotment of seat: After the choice filling period is over, all filled choices of all
Registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per merit (Rank) of the Candidate and rules approved by PTU.
3. Result Declaration: On the date of result declaration, candidate can take printout of Provisional allotment letter of college / Branch by logging into his / her account from the website www.ptuonline.in The allotment of seat will be purely provisional and subject to verification of original certificates and payment of college fee (except tution fee) etc, at the time of reporting in the allotted institute.
4. Candidates are required to report to their respective allotted institutions within the Specified period (as per the counseling schedule) along with the documents/testimonials/certificates and pay college fee(other than tution fee) as prescribed. If candidates do not report within the specified period, their allotted seats shall be cancelled and that seat will be offered to the candidate amongst the available merit listed students already registered.
5. The details regarding the total number of seats in a particular college is available on the www.ptuonline.in
6. Total number of seats shall be 5% over and above the sanctioned intake of the course.
7. The eligibility criteria in respect of a particular course will be same as notified in the Information Brochure of PTU.
8. Candidates whose parent’s annual income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh from all sources shall only be eligible for seats under this scheme. The certificate in this regard should be issued by the competent authority. No other affidavit / certificate shall be accepted. Certificate to be produced at the time of reporting at the allotted college, failing of which seat will be cancelled. For proof of income the following documents will be considered:
(a) Income certificate from the Head of the Department / Employer in case of serving parents / Income Tax Return in case of businessman / DC’s certificate based on income from landed property
(b) Self-declaration of total family income attested by Executive Magistrate.
9. The waiver shall be limited to the tuition fee as prescribed by the state government all other fee except tuition fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
10. In the event of non availability of students in this category. The same shall not be given to any other category of applicants.
11 Student admitted under this scheme and such a beneficiary shall not be allowed to change institution or course under any circumstances. In case a selected beneficiary intends to forego the benefit of fee waiver to take admission in any other category he shall be allowed to do so provided
(a) he / she has to surrender his / her seats, in writing to the , in admission Cell of the University before 22th June, 2011 .
(b) that the seat vacated by him shall go to the next eligible candidate under this scheme only.
12 The fee waiver to a student shall be for the complete duration of the course.
13 The student availing fee waiver seat will not be entitled to avail financial assistance under any other Government Scheme what so ever. However, he / she shall be eligible for any scholarship available on competition / merit basis.
14 The implementation of this scheme shall be subject to any amendments / charges or orders of the State Government as may be issued from time to time.
← Click here to read more News & Updates